Route 5 is a rather lengthy route east of Turffield. You can only enter Route 5 after earning the Grass Badge, otherwise the path will be blocked.
There’s a large bridge on Route 5 that connects the route all the way over to your next destination, Hulbury. There’s also a Pokémon Nursery just before the bridge which you can use to breed Pokémon and teach egg moves.
|Encounters in the area|
|Minccino||19–21||Sw: 15%Sh: 20%|
|Galarian Farfetch'd||19–21||Sw: 5%|
- There’s an optional part of the route down the ramp to the south that has a campsite and a few items, as well as a fishing spot.
- The Pokémon Nursery is along the main path on the northern part of the route. You can drop off up to two Pokémon here and, if they’re of opposite genders and share at least one Egg Group, they may even produce an egg.
- Go inside of the Pokémon Nursery and talk to the lady inside next to the Toxel and she’ll give you that Toxel (level 1) for free, along with 5 Exp. Candies XS.
- There are two Team Yell Grunts on the bridge that you need to fight. Beat them and you’ll get the Rotom Bike that you can activate by pressing either + or – on your controller, which will allow you to travel much faster. You can also press B while riding it to receive a temporary boost that will recharge after awhile.
- You’ll have to fight Hop again on the bridge, so be ready for him. He’ll give you a Revive after you beat him.
- Keep heading east and you’ll eventually make it to Hulbury.
Hop’s Pokémon got a little stronger, but they still shouldn’t be too much of a challenge for you.
Items on the Route
- There’s a very secluded Shed Shell behind the fence to the west of the Pokémon Nursery. You can reach it by walking into the northern patch of grass and then walking to the west, as there’s a path behind the fence you can take to reach it.
- 3 Heal Balls can be found in the southern part of the route, near a tree that’s by the ramp leading down to the southern part.
- TM31 Attract is down in the southern part of the route, in the southeastern portion by a big rock, past the tall grass. It’s almost directly south of the Pokémon Nursery.
- You’ll get the Rotom Bike while proceeding through the route, after beating the Team Yell Grunts on the bridge.
- There are a bunch of miscellaneous feathers on the bridge. These are all hidden items.
- Hop will give you a Revive after you beat him on the bridge.
- There are 3 X Sp. Atks by the Pokémon Breeder after crossing the bridge.
- There’s a hidden Absorb Bulb in the northwest corner of the patch of grass after crossing the bridge.