The sandy town of Stow-on-Side may have a peculiar name, but there’s actually quite a lot to do in town, and it has a lot of history, including some very old murals in the northwestern part of town that you’ll need to investigate.
- A man further into town, near a Maractus at a shop, will sell you a bargain item used for evolution for 3,000. The item he offers will change each day and he’ll let you know in advance what the next day’s item is after you’ve bought the item.
- The man next to him will want to buy a valuable item and he’ll pay way over the asking price for it. For example, he may wish to buy a Big Mushroom for 10,000. The item he’s looking for changes each day.
- There’s a man on top of the roof in the southwest part of town (you can reach this by climbing a ladder on the side of a building in the southwest corner) that will trade his Impidimp for your Maractus. You can find Maractus on Route 6, whereas Impidimp are still a bit tricky to find at this point — however, you can also now pop into the Glimwood Tangle to get one now, even if you can’t proceed through it.
- You’ll have to battle Hop when going north of the center part of town, up the stairs. He’s gotten quite a bit stronger, so watch out.
- After beating Hop, keep going north and you’ll find the Stadium. This is where you’ll want to go next. Keep in mind that the Stadium’s Gym Leader, type, and appearance vary based on which version you’re playing!
- You can also go to the northeast to visit Glimwood Tangle early. As mentioned, you can’t actually go too far in it as Team Yell is blocking the path, but you can encounter some Pokémon in random encounters in the tall grass there — just keep in mind that some of them will be too high of a level for you to catch, but not all.
Hop has finally decided to mix things up with his team, dropping some of the Pokémon he used earlier on for new Pokémon altogether. Thankfully none of them should be too tough still, but they may catch you by surprise if you were expecting him to use his original team.
Items in Stow-on-Side
- Talk to a man in the left side of the Pokémon Center and he’ll give you 2 Fossilized Drakes. These can be used with either a Fossilized Bird or a Fossilized Fish to get either Dracozolt or Dracovish.
- (Marriland note: I suspect that this is for Pokémon Shield and you get 2 Fossilized Dinos in Pokémon Sword instead. Will confirm and update later.)
- Go to the southwest part of town and down a ladder to find a few items.
- There are 3 Rare Bones inside of the sacks all the way down the ladder.
- There’s a Rocky Helmet at the end of this little detour.
- In the southwest part of town, go around the buildings to find some Diglett as well as a ladder you can climb the side of the building with. Climb it up and then follow the path along the rooftop to reach a man looking to trade his Impidimp for your Maractus.
- There’s a hidden Metal Coat in one of the sacks near the man.
- There’s also TM74 Venoshock just to the west of him.
- There are 2 X Sp. Atks hidden in a sack to the northwest of the Bronzong in the center part of town.
- After fighting Hop, Opal will give you Bea’s League Card (Pokémon Sword) or Allister’s League Card (Pokémon Shield).
- Climb up the ladder on the right near where you fought Hop and you’ll find the Cracked Pot.