The vast pasture of Route 4 is all that separates you from arriving in your destination, Turffield. There’s a path that leads you directly to it — just follow the dirt path. However, there are also a lot of items for you to collect, Trainers for you to battle, and Pokémon for you to encounter if you check out the fields off the beaten path.
- Talk to the blonde lady directly outside of the Galar Mine and she’ll heal up your Pokémon.
- There’s a Berry Tree near the start of the route, off to the east.
- You’ll want to head along the path in the center of all of the fenced-in areas to make your way to Turffield. As you arrive there, you’ll find the Gym Leader, Milo, tending to a runaway Wooloo.
- Continue north to reach Turffield.
Items on the Route
- There’s some hidden Energy Powder by the sacks and crates near the start of the route.
- In the first field you can access, near the Berry Tree and close to the start of the route…
- There’s a hidden Ether in the top-left corner.
- A Cleanse Tag is on the upper part of this fenced-in area, by a rock.
- 3 Nest Balls can be found by a big rock in the center of this area.
- There’s a hidden Rare Candy in the southeast part of the area.
- 2 Energy Powder can be found in the sacks on the eastern part of this fenced-in area.
- From the start of the route, head all the way north. Near the fenced in area in the top-left is a hidden Repel by the wheelbarrow.
- Inside of the top-left fenced-in area…
- You can find 2 X Accuracy (hidden) in the top-right part of this fenced-in area.
- Silver Powder is by the big tree in the top-left part.
- A hidden Energy Root can be found in the bottom-left part.
- In the top-right fenced-in area…
- There’s a Revival Herb hidden in the bottom-left part.
- A Paralyze Heal is hidden on top of one of the pillars that has crumbled.
- TM07 Pin Missile is in the bottom-right of this fenced-in area, by the Poké Kid.
- Lastly, there’s a Sharp Beak off near the river, south of the red sign and fishing spot.
|Encounters in the area|
|Pikachu||14–16||Sw: 5%Sh: 1%|
|Eevee||14–16||Sw: 1%Sh: 5%|
As soon as you arrive on Route 4, be sure to talk to the lady wearing a white shirt, as she’ll heal up your Pokémon to full health. You can visit her anytime you’d like, although thankfully Route 4 has a very straightforward path to Turffield if you don’t take any optional paths.
You can see Turffield down the hill from where you leave the Galar Mine and all you really need to do is just follow the dirt path leading down the center to reach it. That’s about as simple as it gets, although there’s a lot of extra stuff you can pick up on the route, so you might want to follow along to make sure you pick up everything.
First of all, there’s a camp set up near the start of the route, on the left-hand side. It’s Molly’s Pokémon camp and she has a girl dressed up in an Eevee costume, Susan, joining her. The two combined have Ralts, Pikachu, Bronzor, Woobat, Milcery, Munna, and a Ribombee.
On the other side of the path, to the right, is a berry tree that has some Pecha Berries, Oran Berries, Leppa Berries, and Cheri Berries in it. There’s also a hidden dose of Energy Powder to the west of the tree, by three of the sacks near the side of the road.
This route has three areas in it that are fenced in — the southeastern area, the northwestern area, and the northeastern area. It’s easiest to describe their contents by exploring them separately. The one nearest to you is the southeastern area and it is guarded by Pokémon Breeder Jaime.
The southeastern fenced-in area is the one by Pokémon Breeder Jaime. Near the entrance is Poké Kid Shane, dressed up like a Pikachu.
There’s a hidden Paralyze Heal near the rocks in the middle of the area, to the east of Poké Kid Shane. There are also 3 Nest Balls to the east of that, by a big rock in the middle. To the north of Poké Kid Shane is a Cleanse Tag, and to the west of that is an Ether in the northwest part of the fenced-in area.
More importantly, there’s a hidden Rare Candy in the southeastern part of this area, near another big rock on the side of the fence. If you continue along the fence, to the north of the Rare Candy, is a hidden pair of 2 Energy Powder near some boxes and sacks.
Path Between Southeastern and Northeastern
Lastly, there’s the path between the northeastern and southeastern fenced-in areas. Pokémon Breeder Bradley might actually fight you from the other side of the fence. Take him down and then follow the path over to the east to find a shore with a fishing spot.
|Encounters in the area|
There’s also a Sharp Beak sitting beneath the fishing spot that you’ll probably want to pick up to power up your Flying-type moves.
Make your way back to the west and then enter the northeastern area.
Near the entrance is Poké Kid Mia, who is dressed as an Eevee and, surprisingly enough, uses one in battle as well.
In the southwest corner is a hidden Revival Herb. You can climb one of the ruin pillars near where Poké Kid Mia was running around and pick up a hidden Paralyze Heal on it, plus you can also jump down the ledge on the end if you’re being chased by wild Pokémon to make a clean getaway.
On the eastern side of this area is Poké Kid Rhys guarding TM07 Pin Missile, a multi-hit Bug-type move that might work out alright on any of your Pokémon that can learn it.
Leave the northeastern fenced-in area when you’re done and head on over to the one to the west, over in the northwestern part of the route.
Before entering this fenced-in area, pick up the hidden Repel by the wheelbarrow to the left of the entrance. It’s not much, but hey, it’s free, and free is good.
Near the entrance is Poké Kid Sunny, who uses a Milcery. Take her down and then you’ll be free to explore this part. There are some Diglett that pop up in the nearby holes in case you want to catch some.
|Encounters in the area|
There’s a hidden Energy Root on the western part of this area, and then a pile of Silver Powder directly north of that, by a big tree in the northwestern part. That will power up your Bug-type moves.
Lastly, there’s 2 X Accuracy in the northeastern corner of the fenced-in area.
The Road to Turffield
When you’re done, just head down the path in the center of the route that leads you straight for Turffield. You’ll run into the Gym Leader, Milo, along the way tending to some Wooloo.
Continue along the path and you’ll reach Turffield.