- To quickly get through the cave without getting any items, just follow the minecart tracks and it will lead you to the exit. You’ll have to cross a bridge between the two separate minecart tracks.
- At the very end, you’ll discover that smug Trainer you met earlier during registration. He’ll introduce himself as Bede and will battle you.
Items in the Galar Mine
- If you take a left at the first branch on the minecart tracks, you can follow the path west, fight Worker Keith, and then go south after him.
- There’s 3 Great Balls in a separate path to the north.
- Keep going south from here and you’ll exit back onto Route 3 so you can pick up TM54 Rock Blast.
- TM26 Scary Face can be found by taking the second left along the minecart tracks and fighting Worker Georgia.
- There’s a hidden Hard Stone to the right before crossing the first bridge.
- You can find Heavy-Duty Boots by a minecart on the right after crossing the first bridge.
- A hidden Revive can be found near the wheelbarrow in the north part of that same room, after crossing the first bridge.
- An Ether (hidden) is by some crates near the second minecart tracks.
- 2 Super Potions can be found near the bend on the second set of minecart tracks, after the bridge and before the boss fight.
- There’s a hidden Stardust near the crates in the upper-left part of the room where you fought Bede.
|Encounters in the area|
In the first room of the Galar Mine, pick up the hidden Star Piece by the minecart with jewels in it to the north. It’s an item that fetches a pretty high price when sold, so you definitely want to pick it up.
There are quite a few detours in the Galar Mine, so a good rule of thumb is to follow the minecart tracks and you shouldn’t get lost. Branch off from the tracks to find optional stuff, which this guide will point out to you.
Anyway, at the first fork in the road, there’s a hidden Revive sitting by one of the coal trucks and Worker Keith. Follow the path past him down a ways and you’ll eventually reach a little room. Leave the room to the south and you’ll reemerge on Route 3 so you can pick up TM54 Rock Blast, a decent yet unpredictable Rock-type move that would be good to teach things like Roggenrola. Go back inside and grab the 3 Great Balls through the easternmost “door”, then go backwards until you reach the minecart tracks.
Keep going along the minecart tracks until you see a woman to the left. Fight Worker Georgia, who uses a trio of Timburr, and then continue to pick up TM26 Scary Face along with a bag of Stardust hidden near the sacks and crates to the north.
Return to the tracks and follow them until you reach the end. There’s a hidden Hard Stone against the rightmost wall that is a good held item to give your Rock-type Pokémon (or Rock-type moves in general) a boost to their power when held. Before crossing the bridge, you’ll have to fight against Worker Sandra.
Cross the bridge and then you can optionally fight Worker Russel to the right, who is guarding the Heavy-Duty Boots, which prevents the holder from taking damage due to effects on the battlefield like Spikes or Stealth Rock. There’s also a hidden Ether on the left side of the room near a stack of crates as well as a hidden Revive on the northern part of the room by the wheelbarrow.
Make your way along the minecart tracks to the west, pick up the 2 Super Potions on the way, and then make sure your Pokémon are ready for a boss fight.
You’ll run into a boy wearing maroon that seems to be gathering Wishing Stars for a certain purpose. He at least gives you a warning before you fight him. You may recognize him from earlier during the Gym Challenge ceremony in Motostoke Stadium, and he recognizes you. He says that he was chosen by Chairman Rose himself.
Bede uses a trio of Psychic-type Pokémon and they primarily hit with Special-based moves, so having Pokémon with high Special Defense is a good idea, as is using Bug, Dark, or Ghost moves against his Pokémon. He shouldn’t pose too much of a threat, though, and plenty of available Pokémon have moves like Bite to quickly counter him.
After beating him, he’ll whine a bit but then head off, mentioning that he’s already gathered every Wishing Star in the area so his work there is done.
Before leaving to the north, be sure to pick up the hidden bag of Stardust in the top-left corner of the room. Don’t worry about healing your Pokémon, because you’ll be able to immediately after exiting the cave to the north onto Route 4.