With less than one week to go until the worldwide launch of Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, Trainers from all around the world are already planning their dream team for the upcoming games. To help with that planning process, the Marriland Team Builder has been updated to include all officially-revealed Scarlet & Violet Pokémon, as well as all of the new Pokémon and Hisuian Forms introduced in Pokémon Legends: Arceus!
⚠ The Team Builder does not contain any leaked Pokémon or images! ⚠
My hope is to update the Team Builder shortly after the games officially launch in east Asia and Oceania to include full support for all of the Pokémon, but in the meantime, you’ll be able to start planning your team with all of the currently-revealed Pokémon.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about this:
- Some Pokémon or forms have no type associated with them. This affects Koraidon, Miraidon, and Gimmighoul’s Roaming Form. You will have to manually input their type (described further below).
- As mentioned earlier, leaked Pokémon are not included. However, if you know of the type of any leaked Pokémon, you can use a placeholder (such as Bidoof) and just give that Pokémon a custom type to represent the leaked Pokémon’s type. You can still use this to plan your team, just with limited support.
How do you manually input a type?
There is a checkbox that says (in the English version) “Allow Tera / custom types?”
By checking this box, you’ll be able to input one or two custom types for any Pokémon on your team. You can use this to help plan out Tera Types for Pokémon, but it can also be used to assign a custom type combination for any Pokémon on your team.
If you know what, say, any leaked Pokémon’s type is (not that I condone looking into it…), you can just use a placeholder Pokémon like I mentioned earlier and then just assign it a type.
Currently Known Bugs
- Sometimes when typing in a shortcut name for a Pokémon’s form (for example, Hisuian Typhlosion), it will randomly change back to its default form when changing other Pokémon on the team.
- This seems to happen just once and then it works itself out. Maybe it’s not that common of a bug, but it was one that I could not quite work out before the launch.
- If you try to use a Gen 9 Pokémon or a Pokémon Legends: Arceus-exclusive Pokémon on a Gen 8 team, it will erroneously say that the Pokémon is available in BDSP or both SwSh and BDSP.
Have you found any other bugs with the Marriland Team Builder? Let me know by messaging @Marriland on Twitter!
Other Things Fixed
In addition to updating the Team Builder to add preliminary support for Scarlet & Violet, I also fixed a few other bugs and made some more improvements!
- The Team Builder should load a little faster, as the Pokémon name suggestions don’t load until you actually click on one of their input boxes.
- With Advanced Mode activated, move names suggestions load basically all moves, whether they’re available in that generation or not (Z-Moves are excluded outside of Gen 7 and Max Moves are excluded outside of Gen 8, though). This should hopefully avoid the issue where certain moves don’t show up.
- Also improved this to reload the move suggestions if you change generation, so if you switch to, say, Gen 4, then it won’t show any Gen 5 or later moves. Previously it would still show Gen 5+ moves (in this example) even though they weren’t available.