The Pokémon World Championships had some interesting information about the Pokémon Trading Card Game revealed this morning, namely in the announcement of a new mechanic to be introduced in the Sword & Shield expansion: Pokémon V.
Not much is known about the mechanic at the present time, as a full card has not been shown nor has an explanation been given. Zacian V and Zamazenta V are both confirmed for the upcoming Pokémon TCG: Sword & Shield expansion, and according to the trailer, the cards have the following attacks and abilities:
- Zacian V has Brave Blade for its attack, which does 230 damage and makes it so Zacian V can’t attack next turn. It also has an ability that allows you to search your deck for something (unclear what) and attach it to Zacian V, then your turn ends.
- Zamazenta V has Assault Tackle, which does 130 damage and discards a Special Energy card attached to the opponent’s Active Pokémon. It has an ability that prevents all something (unclear what) from your opponent’s Pokémon — or possibly from your opponent’s Pokémon GX/V/etc.
- Each Pokémon V has the V rule, which is very similar to the GX-rule where any Pokémon V that is knocked out gives the opponent 2 Prize cards.
- At the end of the trailer, a Zekrom and Pikachu (from the TAG TEAM card) are seen looking at the red outline of a Pokémon V card that has an astounding 330 HP. Which Pokémon V has that is unknown.
- The cards shown in the trailer have no attack cost, weakness, resistance, or retreat cost. The card also appears to be Colorless-typed. This is almost certainly just for the trailer and the cards will have all of these features upon release.
- Upon very careful inspection of the trailer video, it appears that there will be 202 cards in the main set, which wouldn’t include any Secret Rare cards. Zamazenta V is 139/202 while Zacian V is currently unknown.
More information about the Pokémon TCG: Sword & Shield series is said to be “announced soon.”