A new trailer for Pokémon Sword & Shield was recently revealed, which confirmed that regional variants are returning — in this case, Galarian Forms — as well as several new characters, a new Team, and a few new Pokémon.
- Galarian Weezing has been announced, which is a Poison/Fairy-type. It has Levitate for its ability, in addition to an unannounced ability.
- Galarian Zigzagoon and Galarian Linoone have both been revealed, both Normal/Dark-type Pokémon with the abilities Pickup and Gluttony.
- There’s a brand new evolution for Galarian Linoone, Obstagoon, which resembles a Galarian Linoone standing upright in a more humanoid form. It is also Dark/Normal-type, but has Reckless and Guts for its abilities instead.
- Morpeko is a new Electric/Dark-type Pokémon that has an alternate form. It has its Full Belly Mode and also its Hangry Mode. Hangry Mode changes its move Aura Wheel from an Electric-type move to a Dark-type move.
- Bede is a new rival seeking to become the Champion and receiving his endorsement from Chairman Rose.
- Marnie is another new rival, who uses a Morpeko, that seeks to become Champion as well and has many passionate fans.
- Team Yell, presumably the “evil team” for this region, are big fans of Marnie. They cause a commotion in areas like hotels to cause trouble for anyone that isn’t Marnie.
- Poké Jobs are a new feature that can send off certain Pokémon from your PC to fulfill missions in order to gain EXP and potentially rare items. Some Pokémon and/or types may be better suited for certain jobs.
You can find some screenshots from the press release, as well as official artwork, down below. Click any of them to view a larger image. You may also want to check out the Japanese trailer, which shows a bit more content than the English one.