More information on the upcoming Pokémon Masters game for iOS and Android has been revealed today in a video presentation, including some gameplay footage as well as a special anime short showcasing some of the Trainers that appear in the game.
The animation features Trainers such as Brock, Misty, Rosa from Black 2 & White 2, Erika, Red, Blue, Iris, Barry, and many others. The gameplay footage is brief, but shows off features such as a Move Gauge being used for Pokémon to use their attacks in battle and Trainers having special moves that they can use as well for support or healing.
- The gameplay takes place in the region of Pasio, an artificially built land somewhere in the world of Pokémon.
- Trainers are aiming to become Champion of the Pokémon Masters League tournament.
- Trainers have a single Pokémon that travels with them as their partners, called Sync Pairs.
- Battles are 3-vs-3 and moves can be used by spending charges from the Move Gauge, which recharges throughout the battle.
- Sync Moves are special moves that can be used during a battle, which seem to resemble Z-Moves.
- Trainers are also capable of using moves, mostly for providing support buffs or healing Pokémon.
- Release is Summer 2019 in the Northern Hemisphere (also known as Winter 2019 in the Southern Hemisphere).